Check out my new ebook!

Bengali delicacy: Rasgullahs with a pint of Saffron.

Hi All,

Rasgullahs and fish are the first two things that come to my mind when I hear anything about Bengal😉. One my favorite sweets is what I have made today not intentionally but accidentally.I was boiling milk in a steel container but don't know why it got curdled 🤔.So instead of wasting it I decided to use the curd to make the very delicious Rasgullahs!It's the easiest sweet to make in just 15 to 20 mins.


Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serves 4 people.

Ingredients:

1/2 litre- Cows milk
One dice of lemon to curdle milk.
3 to 4 saffron strands.
2 cups- Sugar.
4 cups- water

Method:
  • Boil the milk.
  • Add lemon juice to boiled milk, it will curdle immediately.

  • Now wash and strain the water from the curd completely so that no water content remains.
  • Let the mixture dry and knead the mixture till it is soft.
  • Make small round balls of the mixture.
  • To prepare sugar syrup, boil 4 cups of water and add two cups of sugar.
  • Add saffron strands after the sugar is completely dissolved.
  • Add the Rasgullah balls to the sugar syrup and boil it for 20 mins with lid covered on a low flame.




  • Let the mixture cool and refrigerate it.
  • Serve it cool😋.

Keep following as I will come up with more interesting and easy recipes!

Comments

Check out my ebook for Moghlai Recipes-Part 1

Popular Posts