Check out my new ebook!

Stuffed Capsicum Fry

Hi All,

For a change, I am posting a vegetarian recipe which is simple yet special.I made this today as I was sitting alone at home and wanted to make something that is quick to prepare and yet tasty.Stuffed capsicum is something which I have been fond of from my childhood.I know many people prefer baking the stuffed capsicums but I prefer frying it on a non stick pan.The raw fried taste of capsicum with potato stuffing tastes really good and is light on palette as well.So do try my version of stuffed Capsicum Fry!



Ingredients considering 2 Capsicum

2- Fresh Capsicum
2- Boiled and mashed potatoes
2-Green chilli
1 tspn- Cumin seeds.
1 tspn- Red chilli powder
0.5 tspn- Turmeric powder
1 tspn- Coriander powder
1 tspn- salt
1 cup- fresh coriander leaves.
1 tspn- Oil to prepare stuffing
1 tspn- Oil to fry stuffed capsicums

Method:

  • Firstly, cut,clean and wash the capsicum as shown below.Make sure to remove all the seeds from inside the capsicums.



  • Now for the stuffing take oil in a non stick pan and heat it on a low flame.
  • Add cumin seeds, green chillies, turmeric and red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.
  • Add the mashed potatoes to the pan and mix well.Add finely chopped coriander.Make sure the mixture looks like below:




  • Now cool the mixture.
  • Stuff the capsicums with the potato mixture as shown below:




  • Take a tspn oil in the same non stick pan and add the stuffed capsicums to it with lid covered.




  • Cook for 5 minutes on each side with covered lid.Make sure the capsicums are well fried and cooked from all sides.
  • Your stuffed capsicums are ready to be served with hot chapatis or you can have them as it is!



Comments

Check out my ebook for Moghlai Recipes-Part 1

Popular Posts