Check out my new ebook!

Jaggery Balls(Gulgule)

Hello All,


I have been posting recipes of  non veg starters and main course.People wanted me to post some vegeterian recipes so I decided to start it with a sweet tea time delicacy😋.I have named it as Jaggery balls but generally we Indian refer it as Gulgule.Its a crispy,lightly sweet and smurking snack which can be had anytime you feel hungry.The most important ingredient used here is jaggery(sugar is not preferred here).Generally,this snack is prepared in cold areas of north India like Punjab but we Maharashtrians make it on a regular basis as well..My mom used to make this whenever I felt hungry and it became one of my favourites!!The best part about it is that it doenst take even 30 minutes to prepare.Its insant and its just too hard to resist(specially for kids)!



Ingredients:

3 cups-Wheat flour
1 cup-grated or grinded Jaggery
2 tspn-fennel seeds
1 tspn-Bishop's weed seeds(Ajwain)
1/2 tspn-Baking soda
2 to 3 cups of water.
Oil to deep fry.


Method:
  • Take the flour in  bowl.
  • Add jaggery,baking soda,fennel and Bishop's weed seeds in the flour.
  • Pour water in the mixture and stir it till it becomes a thick smooth paste.Make sure the mixture doesnt become thin as it will not be binded then.The mixture should look like as shown in below picture:
  • Now, heat the oil and add small portions of the mixture with the help of a spoon in the hot oil on a low flame.
  • Fry it until the jaggery balls turn golden brown.
  • Serve it with tea and let people enjoy this mouth watering snack!

Comments

Check out my ebook for Moghlai Recipes-Part 1

Popular Posts